Insect frass is a unique and beneficial amendment for plants. It is a perfectly balanced fertilizer that contains NPK in an approximate ratio of 3-2-3. It also contains chitin, which is a substance that has been shown to boost plant health and resistance to disease and pests.
Chitin is liberated from insect frass predominantly via chitinase enzymes, which are produced by microbes. The presence of chitin actually supports the production of these enzymes, meaning that when you use insect frass regularly, you are continually bolstering the enzyme content in your soil and supplying small amounts of chitin to your plants on a regular basis.
This has far-reaching disease and pest prevention properties, as chitin itself elicits an immune response from the plant via its SAR (Systemic Acquired Resistance). This is similar to the way that chitosan, a compound derived from chitin, works in our ANTI-MATTER molecular enzyme bioreactor additive.
Insect frass has also been shown to have a direct and demonstrable ability to increase essential oil and flower bud production in annual plants. This makes it a must-use product for anyone who wants to increase the quality of their plants naturally.
The insect frass that we source is produced under strict, controlled conditions that maximize the nutrient content and allow for microbial load to develop.
Application rates can range from as low as 1 to 2 tablespoons (3 grams to 6 grams) per 5 liters of soil.
Benefits of using insect frass:
- Improves plant health and resistance to disease and pests
- Increases essential oil and flower bud production
- Balances soil pH
- Supports microbial activity in the soil
- Promotes plant growth and development
How to use insect frass:
- Add insect frass to your soil when planting or transplanting.
- Use insect frass as a top dressing or mulch.
- Brew or ferment insect frass to create a liquid fertilizer.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons (3 grams to 6 grams) per 5 liters of soil
Order your insect frass today and start enjoying the benefits of this amazing product!